CCCS partners with organizations to design and develop specific language assessments and/or services to fit your requirements and needs. A Language Assessment is a valuable tool in the recruitment and training of qualified workforce.
Assisting your organization to prepare for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Section 1557 Language Access Regulations by providing an oral Online Language Assessment for Bilingual providers on language proficiency and their knowledge in healthcare and/or mental health terminology. Piloted at Steward Health Care and developed by a highly skilled multidisciplinary team of individuals, including certified educators, software developers, interpreters and providers.
Assesses the ability to communicate accurately in the foreign language by measuring the following areas:
- Ability to express levels of speech (register, pronunciation, grammar, flow/pace)
- Message comprehension (listen, analyze and answer questions based on oral message)
- Knowledge in terminology (healthcare and/or mental health)
- Cape Verdean Creole
- Haitian Creole
- Portuguese (European & Brazilian)
- Additional Languages Upon Request
All CCCS assessments are created by a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled individuals, including certified educators, interpreters and providers. CCCS has partnered with a large pool of qualified language professionals in order to assess and provide concise feedback on all of the assessments. In order to diplomatically set a fair value to student knowledge, CCCS uses a rubric format. According to Arter and Chappuis, “A rubric defines the features of work that constitute quality. It is the mechanism for judging the quality of student work.” CCCS assessments clearly define performance expectations, translating in consistent and objective scoring.
CCCS offers language services and assessments that our partners can rely on. Here’s why CCCS is so trustworthy.
- Innovative approach to catering to language industry needs
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Section 1557 Language Access Regulations
- Continuing Education courses with CEUs by several entities
- Cross Cultural Communication Institute (a division of CCCS) is licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure to offer onsite and online courses (listed on www.EmbracingCulture.com) in accordance with 230 CMR 15.05(3)
- High professional standards in serving the healthcare, legal, educational and business communities
- Industry specific tools and manuals developed by CCCS, Inc.
- Experts in training and hiring professional interpreters
- Quality Assurance Program that focuses on monitoring, providing feedback, and incorporating necessary changes
- Rigorous hiring and well-structured training practices to ensure that we contract with only the most qualified, reliable, knowledgeable and capable workforce
- Results from assessments are made available in 2-3 business days
- Cost effective strategies for businesses
- Tailored reports for data collection